Some months ago I had a hunch that just one show would not be enough. Happily, Milo & The Assassins have a second and final show at Doc’s Lab on October 16th. Would you like me to give you 5 reasons to come out? Okay!
- It’s your only chance to hear the songs from my album The Perambulator, a studio project, accurately brought to life. And it’s going to be a long time before I assemble this many top caliber musicians for any live performance project.
- In effect, it’s a second album release celebration for those who missed the Hotel Utah show. I’ll have CD’s for sale, plus surprise swag (goodies).
- The other bands on the bill are terrific! True Margrit is an established Bay Area pop trio with skillful songwriting and catchy melodies. Goggy, celebrating their EP release, is True Margrit’s Margrit Eichler’s solo project and features the same almost impossible-to-achieve balance of intelligence and fun.
- Doc’s Lab. It’s the old Purple Onion, extensively remodeled. My parents used to hang out there in the 50’s and I love the fact I’ll be playing a room they used to frequent. Now upscale, quite posh, it’s still an intimate cellar nightclub. The sound is excellent with a bar menu from the highly rated restaurant upstairs, Doc Ricketts. I’m confident the ghosts from yesteryear are pleased.
- Take a North Beach micro-vacation. Many of us locals dismiss North Beach, but in October the weather will be fine and the tourists gone. City Lights is just across the street from Doc’s. Washington Square, Coit Tower, and many of the great restaurants you remember are still there. On Sunday the meters are free and there’s a parking structure right nearby Doc’s Lab.
So mark your calendars and we’ll see you there!